One notable difference this year was the addition of the bees. They arrived too late for the spring fruit blossoms and perhaps as a result, or maybe from the draught we had virtually no fruit harvest this year. No apples, no cherries, no blueberries, no strawberries, but our vegetables did well overall with a total production of 801 lbs.
- This year our overall champion for single plant production goes to Colin's pumpkin which produced 112 lbs.
- We set new records this year for production of carrots, cucumbers, garlic, tomatoes, peppers and rhubarb
- And we harvested our first honey!
This year's harvest totals compared to last year:
- Cabbage: 11.2 lbs (new)
- Cantaloupe 10.3 lbs (new)
- Carrots: 74 lbs (up 89%) [updated 11/27/06]
- Cucumber: 83 lbs (up more than 2x previous record)
- Garlic: 4.2 lbs (up 24%)
- Green Beans: 15.4 lbs (up 57%)
- Honey: 48.5 lbs (new)
- Mixed Salad Greens: 5.8 lbs (down 49%)
- Onions: 23.4 lbs (up 23%)
- Peppers: 54.4 lbs (up 11%)
- Pumpkins: 121 lbs (down 25%)
- Rhubarb: 23.3 lbs (up more than 2x previous record)
- All Squash: 83.3 lbs (down 48%)
- Tomatoes: 175.7 lbs (up more than 100 lbs!)