Sunday, June 29, 2008

June updates

We inspected both hives on June 18th and found a good brood pattern and signs of an effective queen in the new Minnesota hive.

Meanwhile the Italians seem to be working hard on a good nectar flow. Both supers were nearly full so we added a third! The shot below is some of the new honey in the upper super on that inspection:

We did another inspection June 28 and found that Italians had already made a good start filling the new super we had just added. The Minnesotans seemed to be getting lazy with the warmer weather and had started hanging out on the front porch: